To be eligible for membership in Guide Dog Users of Canada, you must be interested in furthering our charitable purpose, be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Currently partnered with a guide dog or
- Previously partnered with a guide dog or
- Interested in, and potentially eligible to be partnered with a guide dog.
GDUC defines a guide dog as a dog which has received extensive and specialized training, by a School affiliated with the International Guide Dog Federation, to safely guide an individual who is blind, partially sighted, or deaf-blind.
Cost of Membership
An annual membership in GDUC costs only $10.00, which is less than 3 cents per day, and runs from January 1 to December 31 of the current year. A life membership costs $50.00 and gives you the freedom of never having to worry about renewing your membership again.
- Potential to affect the course of the organization by the ability to vote for resolutions and directors at members' meetings. If you are unable to attend such a meeting in person, we have an absentee electronic voting system in place which will allow you to have your say. You must have paid your membership at least 45 days in advance of the meeting in question to be able to vote.
- Be among the first to know about all the exciting happenings at GDUC via a subscription to our email members list
- Immediate delivery to your inbox of our Newsletter, Two by Four, as soon as it is available
- Access to grants from our mary Spice fund to help with travel and accommodation costs associated with attending a GDUC event. In 2018, the Mary Spice fund gave away $1,400.00 and assisted 10 individuals to attend our annual Conference and AGM in Windsor.
- A free mp3 download of Gone to the Dogs and Loving it, a collection of poems by GDUC life member Devon wilkins
- Eligibility to serve on our cooperative and dynamic board of directors and an opportunity to put your own stamp on the strategic and operational direction of the organization
- Peace-of-mind which comes from knowing you are supporting the pre-eminent organization of guide dog users in Canada
So, why not join us? And, while you're at it, please consider telling a friend about us. The process is safe, simple, and secure.
Joining GDUC or Renewing Your Membership
- If you do not already have one, please Create a My GDUC Account
- If you already have a My GDUC Account, please:
- Log Into My GDUC
- Fill in the resulting form
You can pay for your membership via PayPal, by mailing us a cheque, or in cash at our next event. We will email you specific instructions according to the payment method you selected.
We look forward to your participation and our Member Services Committee is available to listen to your suggestions, address your concerns, or provide you with support when renewing your membership or joining us for the first time.
GDUC is a membership driven organization focused on handlers and their guide dogs!
Ratings and Comments
This post has not yet been rated.